About Me

My photo
There is always something going on in a multi-cat household. Erm 9... cats and counting...... Plus stories from the Sheffield Cats Shelter

Sunday 28 April 2013

Sunday at the Shelter 28-04-13

Today was a little sad. When Libby and I set of to the Shelter this morning, we were not alone.  We had our foster cat, Wendy with us.  Today was the day for her to return to the shelter to look for her new home.  As you may have read in my last post, Wendy was getting sore from the kittens trying to feed, so the time had come to separate them.

We popped her into a compartment in holding and after helping to wash trays we were back in there doing our cleaning.  I'll be honest, it did upset me to put her in and walk away, I couldn't help but shed a few tears.


Wendy
To begin with she cried a lot, but she did settle quite quickly. Even so, it didn't make me feel any better.

I couldn't help but take a photo of Tigger.  He is a beautiful boy in holding, lovely bushy tail!

Tigger
Emma had her own mixed feelings today as she brought in the three 'G's'.  George, Gabrielle and Grace are now in a room ready for pre adoption.  Emma has hand reared these kittens since they were just a few days old, this previous post gives their story.

They are now beautiful and healthy little kittens, seen here playing in their new room.





I think Emma has done a fantastic job and I can't imagine how hard it must be to give them up. 

When I hear stories of people not wanting to adopt black cats or kittens, I just don't get it.  Look at these little ones, aren't all kittens cute?  I have four black cats and to be honest I wouldn't have had a problem having all 7 being black.  If you want to share your life with an animal, does it really matter what colour it is?  For me there is only one thing I would say is wrong with a black cat, you can never get a decent photo...

Emma still has her more recent set of hand rears to keep her busy.


Mixed in with these is Elsie who was recently rescued from a dire situation.  She is a lot smaller than the others so got her milk first.


Quickly followed by the others, who are also starting to be weaned on to solid food.


The Shelter put out an appeal recently for new cat trees for the main rooms.  The ones they had were showing signs of real wear.  They had such a fantastic response. All of the main rooms now have fab new  trees for the cats and kittens to play with.  Thing like these make a real difference for the cats.

Before leaving the Shelter I popped back and gave Wendy another cuddle . I can't help but be sad for her although I know she is going to be well looked after. Goodness knows what I'll be like when it's time to take the kittens back.


No comments:

Post a Comment